Oh, my sweet Natalie!
I had just got out of the shower this morning when Natalie strolls into the bathroom. I had just finished brushing my hair when she looks up and asks me what I'm doing. When she notices my hairbrush she gets really excited and asks if she can brush her hair. Of course she can! That girls hair could be brushed a thousand times a day, but since she's cursed with her mother's wild hair, a thousand brushings wouldn't really help (the above picture doesn't even show her at her worst.) But she takes my hairbrush and goes on her merry way, I assume to her room where all her hair accessories are.
A few minutes later, as I'm finishing brushing my teeth, Natalie show back up in the bathroom and gives me back my hairbrush. This is how our conversation went when I noticed her hair was not only brushed, but also wet.
Natalie: "I'm done, Mommy."
Me: "Oh, your hair looks so beautiful! Wait...why is your hair wet? How did you get your hair wet?"
N: "Oh, I used potty water." (turns to leave)
M: (grabbing her) "Wait, what!?! You used water from the potty to brush your hair?! You put my hairbrush in the potty?!"
N: (not realizing the problem here) Well, yeah Mommy!"
M: "Binky! Potty water is yucky! The potty is only for poo poo and pee pee! Not mommy's hairbrush!"
N: "Oh, ok mommy. Sorry mommy."
I think I need a new hairbrush.



6 comments:
Oh man, that's nasty! Ah, the joys I have to look forward to... :)
oh, how I can relate to this post... the number of things we have lost due to potty water contamination.. it's Henry's favorite place to play. whenever I'm disgusted though, I think of another friend, who found her kid with a cup, ladling potty water out and then drinking it. Cup after cup of it. Yeah. Gross.
I'm still laughing about it - I love it!!
That's awesome!
Tonight I found one of my washclothes in the potty water, and I had no child to blame it on. I was very sad, but there it was - still neatly folded, and floating in my toilet...
anyway, just curious, did little Natalie get some extra shampooing after the incident?
be grateful there wasn't stagnent day old pee left in the potty- as most of the boys in my house don't know where the lever for flushing is- except when we're playing and then there are multiple unnecessary flushes! Too funny
Post a Comment