On Monday the crew fixing our house finally finished! Hooray! We have a brand new 30-year roof (I never knew there was a difference in roofs, but now I am an expert), all new ceilings, new paint jobs all around, new light fixtures, etc...The most exciting thing is that we are no longer rockin' that mildew-y death smell from all the water damage! I never thought I would be thankful for damage from a hurricane, but it allowed us to update our house all around without costing us thanks to our wonderful homeowners insurance. (Let's give a shout-out to USAA woot woot!) So all the things that Tom and I wanted to do are now done, I didn't have to do any of the work, and it's all done in a week! Now is the time Tom will get the call that Lincoln's ready to move us, right? (no complaints if they did!)
Then there's Natalie...last night I went out for a late night G.N.O. to see a movie. When returning at the awful hour of 1am, Natalie was up sitting on the couch watching something on financial planning (Tom out cold in our room.) I asked "what are you doing?!?" She's all "watching tv." Who knew that a three year old was concerned about her financial future? Well, I walked her back to bed. She was up again at 3am, 4am, and 6am (didn't go back to sleep after 6am!). This is the second night she has done this! What is going on with her, besides, perhaps her love of financial issues? Any advice out there to get this girl to stay asleep in her bed? I've never had an issue with her sleeping in her room before and especially getting up over and over again!
Disney on Ice
14 years ago


3 comments:
that's hillarious. You could always do what we do to whitney - lock her in (I caught her sleepwalking and it terrified me - so locked her in ;)) although I doubt natalie would like that very much. Shoot, Id let her learn about financials, maybe she'll make you millions one day.
The financials part is hysterical. I wish mine did that. They have been on the same kind of schedule but they both want to jump into my bed. That so doesn't fly with me. So if you hear of some kind of idea, let me know because I'm getting sleep-deprived grouchy :)
PS- do you think it's the season change or what?
Um you might want to work on Natalie... the stock market isn't really where the money's at.. Try to get her to watch inside the actor's studio. Movie stars will always be rich.
Post a Comment