Thursday, October 2, 2008

A couple pics from the evacuation

I have a few extra minutes so I thought I would post a few pictures from the evacuation.

This is just outside of Beaumont, Texas on our way to Houston. As we were driving through Orange County, the call came out to evacuate the county, so we got hit with that traffic, too. My husband enjoys a good challenge, so he drove across the grass to this service road and we drove for a good while passing up all that traffic. He is such a sneaky man!
While in Houston we did a little bit of everything! This is Natalie at the Houston Zoo petting a goat. Binky loved this goat and I think she wanted to bring it home with us. I don't think Los Shephitos would have enjoyed that.




Tom begged me to take this picture! The meercats were hilarious. We could have watched them all day! (Hey Connie! Can you say Mr. July?!?)
And...this is what we came home to. Well, it's actually in our next door neighbor's tree, but I think it's a great picture!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I do love a good meerkat!

Jackie S. said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again! We want more O'Brien updates!!!! Keep 'em coming!