Ah...election season has been in full swing for a while now, and I truly enjoy sitting back and listening to all the political banter. It's all so interesting to me! I remember when Tom called his grandparents to tell them that he had proposed, their first question to him was not "is she nice?" or "is she a good person?" it was "is she a Republican?" To them, that one question would answer all their questions about me. At the time, my political affiliation was really indifferent to me. I had never voted in an election (not because I was too young, but more because I didn't care) so I had never really considered this question. Of course I answered "yes, I'm a Republican" because I supposed between the two major parties, this was more alligned with my personal beliefs.
Well, since that question was posed to my then fiance', I've spent alot more time figuring out just what I thought was important to me and my belief system and now I can say with a resounding "YES" that I'm a Republican.
All this is coming out right now because the other night Tom and I were watching the movie "Juno." It's a movie about a high school teen who finds herself pregnant and initially sets out to abort the baby, but then can't. She instead sets out to find the perfect adoptive parents for her unborn child. She doesn't want to keep it, but she doesn't want to kill it based on the fact that by this point "the baby had fingernails!!" It was an interesting movie, but I especially liked it because I'm very pro-life. Even before I really cared about politics, I felt abortion was wrong.
So, because I'm a flaming Republican, I read Ann Coulter books while working out. Today I started reading "Godless: The Church of Liberalism" by the divine Ms. Coulter. I've read it before, but I find that reading her books while working out really helps to get the old heart rate up and pumping! Anyway, I wanted to include a passage from this book here about abortion:
"Liberals are more upset when a tree is chopped down than when a child is aborted. Even if one rates an unborn child less than a full-blown person, doesn't the unborn child rate slightly higher than vegetation?"
I love it! Yea Ann Coulter!



1 comments:
Glad you enjoy Ann Coulter! With you on that.
Post a Comment