I never really feel like blogging because I never really have much to say. Everything is pretty much same old, same old. No overly funny stories, no crazy trips across the country. Nope...it's just spring time in Houma.
But since I feel like I should post something, I will! Our kids are so great. William is really growing into such an amazing little boy. He is so incredibly friendly and kind (maybe not always to his sister, but anyway...) Complete strangers tend to notice this about him.
Two weekends ago I decided to take the kids on our own spring break to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Tom had some "business" in Florala, Alabama, which is just over the state line north of the Florida panhandle. So, I drove north, dropped him off for the weekend, then drove straight south to the beach! I got us a hotel right on the beach with a balcony and a view of the Gulf.
It was a little daunting taking this whole trip on my own, but the kids were such great little helpers! We spent the first night on the beach till about 8pm. They just didn't want to leave. Being on the beach was so relaxing and just the break we needed from Louisiana.
While there, William would make friends with anyone his size. The other kids tended to be nervous about a strange kid at first, but they would soon warm up and they would become the best of friends for the day. On the morning we were scheduled to leave, we went down to the beach for one last romp. William quickly became friends with Logan from Indiana. They played for about 2 hours, but then we had to go. Just as we were packing up to leave, a grandma and her grandson came over to us. She was wondering if her little guy could play with William. I apologized, but we had to go so that we would have time to check out. She was sad because she said her grandson is really shy but really wanted to play with William because he seemed so kind and outgoing. Isn't that really what all mothers want to hear? It really made me feel good!

And then there's my Natalie! Where William came into the world at 8 pounds 12 ounces of 100% hulking boy, Natalie is the polar opposite. Even from birth, (6 pounds, 3 ounces and half a push to get her out) they have been so different. William has always been the top of the percentile chart, but Natalie has always barely made it on the chart. Still very slim, I do think she's finally starting to sprout vertically!
What a funny girl. When she was a baby, we took to calling her "Stinker Binker" because she always had the foulest smelling diapers. "Stinker Binker" was soon shortened to "Binker" and from there to "Binkey." And it's stuck! If you ask Natalie what her name is, she will tell you it's Binkey. Any other name makes her angry. I can't call her "sweetheart," "girly," or even "young lady." It's just Binkey!
She's the sort of little girl who wants to hug, kiss, and cuddle all day long. If I could just do those three things with her all day long, she would be the happiest child on earth. Unfortunately, I can't do that, so she has her moments, but she's still becoming very fun. She loves animals, especially pandas, giraffes, and the lioness (what is the plurel? Lionessi?!?) And she loves all things pink. It doens't matter what it is, if it's pink, she loves it. She enjoys playing soccer in the backyard, especially when I block William so that she can score a goal for Team Panda! Oh, and did I mention she inherited, among other things, her mother's long tongue? Well, she did. I had to take the picture when we were in Florida and got some ice cream. She used her tongue like a little spoon to scoop up the ice cream to deposit into her mouth. It was hilarious to watch. And she was in a trance-like state the entire time!
So, I guess when I have nothing interesting to blog about, I can always blog about my kids. They are fun, exciting, and ever changing. (Speaking of "ever changing," William is constantly hungry/eating, though never gains an ounce. He must be growing again. Good thing I get such a great discount at The Children's Place, or I couldn't afford to keep him in clothes!)


3 comments:
I love hearing about your kids and their personalities - so I love this post! Sounds like William is p-o-p-u-l-a-r like his mom! :) And that is quite the tongue on Natalie. I'm glad you guys had a fun trip to the beach!
yea - you blogged!!! I had to laugh - because if that is Ariel on Natalie's swimsuit - I'm pretty sure Whitney has the same one - go figure about our girlie girls!! I'm wishing I could've played at the beach with you. Brave venture being outnumbered too!
It's good to hear more about william and natalie. Kudos. Also, my roommate Laura is going to be in New Orleans for the summer shooting a picture story of the hurricane katrina stuff. So I moight go visit her and you guys, if your interested. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment