Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas 2007


I have finally found some time to sit down and blog again! We have been so busy with Christmas, and then my family came down for a few days after Christmas...we have been swamped! But, we did have a great Christmas! It all started with William's Christmas Program for his school. Since it is a private school (meaning we pay his tuition) they are allowed to sing songs about Jesus. I heard some of the more interesting songs I've ever heard leading up to his program! My favorite was when they sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus in not only English, but also in French! I don't suppose I ever thought to sing "Happy birthday" on Christmas. How rude of me! (That's William, top row third from left)

This is William and his friend Izabella. Don't let the camera tricks fool you...William really is like a foot taller than her!


(**As I'm typing this, the kids are playing nicely in Natalie's room...or, of course, so I thought...until I just heard a giant crash. It seems William decided he wanted something from the top of Natalie's closet, and rather than asking me, he thought he could just pull himself up on the rod that holds all her clothes on their hangers. Well, that obviously wasn't meant to hold his weight and he just ripped the whole thing out of the wall. Just add that as one more thing for me to do today! But, on with the blog! If I don't do it now, it will never get done.**)


Moving on then! Ok, Christmas Eve we have the tradition that the kids are allowed to open one present. That present is the Christmas pajamas that Nonna and Papa get for them every year. However, when I saw the matching bathrobes that came with the jammies this year, I had to get them! So, this is the kids on Christmas Eve in their new jammies and bathrobes.




Christmas Morning! William did an awesome job of not waking up his parents! We told him could open his stocking, and he did just that...getting into the candy too, of course! When Natalie finally woke up, it was present time! The highlight of Natalie's morning was her new Princess Castle with "glittery walls that shimmer and sparkle." It came with all the princess, too. Her favorites are Ariel and Cinderella. As I sit and watch her play with her princesses, I am blown away that any daughter of mine would ever prefer princesses to, say, basketball or a new baseball mitt. Oh, well.

Ah, yes...the Buzz Lightyear costume! My son just loves to dress up, even if Halloween is months away. Santa found this in his size at the after-Halloween sale at the Disney store, paying about $7.99. Santa is such a bargain shopper! Anyway, he loves his new costume, and this was the first present he pulled out of the package to take a closer look.


So, we had a good Christmas. We tried to help the kids remember the true meaning of Christmas by giving to our friends and others as well as helping those less fortunate. It's been an interesting year and a half for us here in Louisiana and we hope to simply be able to teach our kids what is right. (And here's hoping we'll be writing a Christmas blog from a new city next year :). Merry Christmas!!


5 comments:

nhsphoto said...

hey snoochie boochies. i just barely found your comment on my blog. my plans of avoiding you at all cost were foiled again. kidding! love ya! your kids are STINKIN' cute. i imagine you looking just like your daughter when you were little. happy new year. xoxo

Glitter said...

happy birthday dear jesus happy birthday to you! I am still trying to figure out a way to come visit you guys.. if you'll have me. It's may npt be during mardi gras- work is crazy. But, maybe for easter? I still need to send your stuff.. man I am behind the ball. I just have to lug all this crud down to the freakin post office which is NOT close. but, whatev...

simplysarah said...

Hooray! She speaks again. ;)

Cute kids. I love that you've got a girly-girl.

Great post, anyway. I'm already holding my breath until your next one....;)

simplysarah said...

Love your profile pic! You look just like Kelly from Saved by the Bell.

Wait a sec...

Jennifer said...

Hey stranger, Happy New Year! I love the blog and the matching pj's. So when are you going to come visit me at Disney? It's a great (free) trip you know; just ask Becca and the kids. They had the best week and got to spend time with me, no extra charge. Plus, I have serious connections that can get you any autographs and photos with any character that you want.