Tuesday, January 8, 2008

National Champions!!!...of Choking!!!


Ugh!!! Two years in a row now I've watched the beginning of the National Championship Football Game and really felt Ohio State would run away with it. And two years in a row now I've been horribly dissappointed!


However, last year when they choked for the first time, I wasn't a resident of Florida, so the ribbing wasn't that bad. Of course there were the comments about how dominant the SEC is, blah, blah, blah...but no Louisiana resident really had much to say...


This year is completely different! We live in Louisiana, so there was alot riding on this game: our Ohio Pride! The kids at William's school were aloud to wear LSU stuff instead of their uniform tops, and William proudly wore his OSU football jersey. (This did result in some confusion...he couldn't understand why all his friends didn't want Ohio to win!)


Alas, we lost. The result: alot of harrassment! We woke up to LSU signs all over our front yard and a life-size Santa Clause dressed all in LSU gear. The text messages, emails, and phone calls won't stop. I think I will crawl into a cave today and wait till their drunken buzzes have worn off! But, wait till next year! Third time's a charm...am I right!?! GO BUCKEYES!!!

2 comments:

Glitter said...

I copied this and sent part of it to my boss who cheered for lsu.... was the lifesize santa thing for real?

Kristin said...

that's hilarious! I can just imagine William's red jersey among a sea of purple...