Saturday, July 7, 2007

The first family blog!

Well, I'm doing it! After much persistence from a certain individual who lives in Spanish Fork, Utah who shall remain nameless, I've started a family blog so that people can keep up with the O'Briens no matter how far away they are! (We can call this friend "Melanie H." No, too obvious...we'll call her "M. Hoopes.")




So, where to start?!? I guess a quick overview will do. Well, we've lived in Southern Louisiana for a year now. We are currently in the middle of hurricane season, but there have been no major flares in the tropics so far; well, none that affect us here. That's good news! Tom loves his job with Lincoln Electric and has been doing well at work. I continue to try to keep my sanity while staying home with the two monkeys...I mean kids. William will turn four in August and starts Pre-K the end of August. He's really excited, especially to start the gymnastics program that goes with Pre-K. Natalie just turned 2 and is a sweet little girl...when she's not being bothered by "Wilwa!!!" (Her first spoken sentence was "Mommy! Wilwa eat bowl!" after William ate her snack that I had just given to her in a bowl.) But when he's not bothering her, they can be really good buddies.



Other than that, not much going on here! We're looking forward to visiting both families in Ohio at the end of August. Of course, this trip will also include trips to the Great Geauga County Fair! (No coincidence there!) Also, all of my siblings are going to be visiting my parents at the same time. I think the last time all five kids were in one place at once was at my wedding 6 years ago, so that will be pretty cool, too! My parents are going to have a house full!! It'll be great!

2 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

That dang M. Hoopes - she has no life and tries to get everyone to do a blog. Nice blog by the way though.

Mom S said...

This is great.
Glad that dang M. Hoopes thought of it. Tell her I said, "Hi!"
Great pictures, too.
Since we had out-of-town guests for the 4th of July, the bedrooms are ready for the great Shepherd family gathering. Personally, I think tents in the backyard would be more fun, but then where would we put the cars?