Most of you know that the last Harry Potter book came out on Saturday at midnight. Seeing that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, I got my book at midnight and read till about 1:30 am, woke up about 8 and started reading again. I spent the morning in Natalie's room (comfortable rocking chair!) reading while Tom was so graciously watching the kids so I could have some quite time. At 1 I had to take William to the church primary swim party while Tom took Natalie to the local war museaum to drop off his motorcycle (it's normally on display there.) By the time I got back from the party, all I wanted to do was lock myself in a room and keep reading! But, Tom had had enough of the "missing mommy" that I'd become, so we decided to take off for New Orleans for the night and have a good time. I'm glad we went, cause the family had a blast!
This picture is of Tom and the kids in front of the cathedral at Jackson's Square. This is where President Bush made his speech following Hurricane Katrina.
This is Tom and the kids waiting at Cafe' Du'Monde in the French Quarter for Beignets. The line turned out to be too long, so we decided to get the car and then get them to go in the car. Bad idea, especially since I had just cleaned my car! Powdered Sugar was EVERYWHERE! Thank heavens for leather seats-they just wipe right up!
On the way back to getting the car we stopped at a little spot where we could sit on the Mississippi River and watch the riverboats and barges go by. The kids really enjoyed the big boats!
Disney on Ice
14 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment