Saturday, July 14, 2007

A trip with Janice

We took a trip into New Orleans on Friday (July 13th) with our friend Janice. She had never been to the Aquarium there and since we are members we can get her in for free. I can't speak for her, but I know we had a great time! After the aquarium, we walked along the riverwalk and then got hot chocolate (in 90 degree weather-stupid, I know!) and beignets on the Mississippi. For those of you not from this area, beignets (pronounced "been-yea') are basically fried dough covered in powdered sugar. The kids love 'em! We got them from Cafe' Du Monde', which I guess is famous for their coffee and beignets. The original shop was in the French Quarter, but we prefer the shop on the Mississippi. Then we did a little shopping in the Riverwalk stores and headed home. It's always a blast with our friend Janice!







1 comments:

Glitter said...

go to this site.. it will amuse for hours...
http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/petersFashionPage.html

nat's picture made me think of it.