Every year Baton Rouge hosts the Red Stick (get it?) Animation Film Festival. This year, since Disney is releasing a new Princess Movie, Disney became very involved in promoting the new movie. What better way then to throw a Princess Ball! They held it at the old capital building downtown and it was free of charge, just come dressed as your favorite Disney Princess! We were so all over that.
Naturally, Natalie wanted to go as Cinderella, but William wanted to get involved too! So we picked him up a Prince Charming costume to escort his sister. What a cool big brother! I'd dare say, dashing!
A friend of ours let us know that they had room for 300 princesses (and one prince) but had given away close to 1500 tickets! So, we went early to make sure we got in. They were numbers 59 and 60. Not too bad! (For the record, I did do natalie's hair very princess-like, but a 2 hour car ride and the fact that she doesn't like things in her hair...well, you can see the end result!)
Here is Cinderella and Prince Charming in front of their castle.
William was an awesome Prince Charming! He took his role very seriously and kept making the funniest, most serious faces! Here is one example of that.
Have you seen a happier girl? I haven't!!
The royalty waiting to walk up the stairs to go to the ballroom. Fairy Godmother met them at the top of the stairs to welcome them to the royal event. 
It really doesn't get much better then this for Natalie!!
When we reached the ballroom, Natalie immediately broke out in her awesomely sweet dance moves. The place quickly filled up and soon all the princesses (and one prince) would be taught an official Disney Princess Dance Routine!
Yeah...she got her moves from her mama! Hey girl...put that dress down and be a lady!



4 comments:
Too cute! Perfect blackmail pictures for William in the future. Did you have to dress up as well? I missed those pictures...:)
Once again, William is such a great brother! What did you wear for the evening?
Funny you should both ask that! So, a few weeks before the ball I was looking on disneyshopping.com and saw that they had Giselle and Prince Edward (from enchanted)outfits for super cheap, and I had a 25% off coupon! So, I told Tom I was going to order them and he looked at me and said, I'm not wearing that! So I said fine, but I'll wear the giselle dress and boy will you feel out of place!
So, my giselle dress came and I put the box in my room and didn't think about it again until the night of the ball. The kids were getting dressed and I went in and put on the giselle dress. HOLY COW!!! It was hilarious...it was so totally poofy and frilly and I looked...absolutely ridiculous!! The kids begged me to wear it, but I said no way jose!
And I'm glad we didn't, because that ballroom was soooo incredibly hot, we would have died in polyester costumes! (FYI-I have yet to return that dang dress!!)
Sounds like this year's Halloween costumes to me. I'd pay really good money to see you in the Giselle dress. What fun parents. Natalie really is a little princess and Prince William is a perfect gentleman.
Post a Comment